Wednesday 31 May 2023

RADIO FUN IN THE GARDEN

 


It was such a lovely day today, I decided to set up in the garden.  I mounted the Slidewinder on its tripod and added 8 radials.  The second set of 4 made a big difference on this ground.

Conditions were not great but I managed 5 SSB contacts on 50W but unfortunately nothing on CW, despite calling for some time on 40m and 20m.  Just one of those things.  The Mission RGO ONE is superb on SSB and stations had no problems hearing me as long as the QSB was not too deep.

My noise floor is horrible at home and if you watch the video below, you will hear a couple of times where the audio comes up above the local noise and all you can hear is the signal.  Just a super little radio, I get more and more impressed with it.  The internal speaker is fabulous!

Linda did some filming while I was operating and it can be found below.



73 Ian

2 comments:

  1. Nice video , radio sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. It is a lovely radio :)

    73 Ian

    ReplyDelete