Tuesday 16 May 2023

KOSS SB-45 HEADSET

 


I have wanted a decent headset to use with my KX3 for some time.  The one everyone loved was the Yamaha but is is not available in the UK currently.  I had heard about the Koss headset and did some research.  There are 2 versions and you need to make sure that the version you go for has the electret mic element.  The Koss SB-45 fits the bill perfectly.

The headset fold up nicely into quite a small space and fits in my Go-Box without issue.  The boom is very flexible and the ear cups go over my ears and are very comfortable.




The headset itself is really light as is the head pressure.  I could wear these for a long time without issue.  The cord is terminated in 2 3.5mm stereo jack plugs and are clearly labelled with the usual symbols on for mic and phones, as well as being different colours.



For the KX3, I simply plug both in and then use the XMIT button on the bottom left as a PTT.  It works really well.


I believe that a simple push button PTT can be made that plugs into the ACC jack of the KX3 and I will be looking at this in the future.

On air, I get great reports on audio and the receive audio is crisp and clear.  These headphones are designed for communications and it shows.

I can thoroughly recommend them and as they are £33 on Amazon at the time of writing, they are not going to break the bank either!

I have made a short video about the headset and you can find it below..



73 Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment